Get Public Speaking Gigs
Every company wants public speaking gigs because more speaking brings in more clients, adding to your credibility and ultimately increasing your sales. The best way to get a public speaking gig is to attend public speaking events. You can do this by volunteering to speak for local charities, joining trade organizations to network and offering to speak, create a listing on Speaker Services and Speaker Zone (two directory websites that connect speakers with audiences that allow you to list your speaking service in multiple categories and upload videos of you speaking) and creating a “Speaker Sheet” (one page to include contact, photo, bio and bullets about what your audience will learn from you) when you do get speaking opportunities.
Host a Webinar
- Keep it short. No longer than 20 mins in order to keep attention.
- The more visual aids, the better. People will remember and learn from visual aids and will obviously make it more interesting.
- Engage your audience and create an interactive learning experience.
- Start promoting the webinar one month in advance.
- Create a twitter hashtag, Facebook post, create promotional email invitation, etc.
- Plan logistics: solid background, solid clothing (light background, dark shirt or vice versa). Natural lighting is best.
- After the webinar, follow up with a “thank you” along with links and highlights.
Host a Reddit AMA
- Private message a Reddit moderator in advance to schedule your AMA. This gets you placed on Reddit’s “upcoming AMA” sidebar (can be seen by 3 million subscribers), creating maximum exposure.
- Choose your headline wisely: who you are, what you do and why you are interesting.
- Mention topics you are qualified for and what you want to talk about.
- Links to your work generate higher quantity and quality of questions.
- Plan out your anticipated FAQs ahead of time so you are prepared when those questions arise.
Publish Video Content
Host or Join a Twitter Chat