1) Get public speaking gigs
- More speaking means more clients, more credibility, more sales…
- Volunteer to speak for charity
- Gain exposure to several audiences
- Establish a relationship of goodwill with clients
- Can lead to hired speaking engagements
- Join trade organizations
- Connect with leaders and decision makers in your industry
- Participate in group activities and networking so people learn more about your skills and expertise
- Offer to speak at trade events
- Create listings on Speaker Services and Speaker Zone
- These are two directory websites that connect speakers with audiences
- List your speaking service in multiple categories
- Upload videos of you speaking
- Create a “Speaker Sheet”
- One page to include contact, photo, bio and bullets about what your audience will learn from you
2) Host a webinar
- Keep it short. No longer than 20 mins in order to keep attention.
- The more visual aids, the better. People will remember and learn from visual aids and obviously makes it more interesting.
- Engage your audience. Create an interactive learning experience.
- Start promoting the webinar a month in advance.
- Create a twitter hashtag, Post to FB, Create promo email invitation, etc…
- Plan logistics – Solid background, solid clothing (light background, dark shirt or vice versa). Natural lighting is best
- After webinar, follow up with a thank you and links and highlights.
3) Host a Reddit AMA
- Private message a Reddit moderator in advance to schedule your AMA
- This gets you placed on Reddit’s “upcoming AMA” sidebar (can be seen by 3 million subscribers), creating maximum exposure
- Choose your headline wisely – Who you are, what you do, why you are interesting
- Mention topics you are qualified for and what you want to talk about
- Links to your work generate higher quantity and quality of questions
- Plan out your anticipated FAQs ahead of time so you are prepared when those questions arise
4) Publish video content
5) Host or join a Twitter chat.